Thursday, October 28, 2010

Titans Injury Update for Week 8: Jason McCourty, Vince Young May Return

Filed under: , ,

Titans quarterback Vince Young's still not guaranteeing he will start Sunday.

Young, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing a victory over Philadelphia with knee and ankle injuries, said while he feels better than last week, he plans to take his potential return this week "day by day."

Young's practice Wednesday was his first since sustaining knee and ankle sprains against Jacksonville Oct. 18.

"I feel a little bit better," Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean reported Young as saying. "As long as it continues to get better I will continue to do more things."

Wyatt wrote that Young practicing "bodes well" for his chances to play Sunday.

"He's getting better," Titans coach Jeff Fisher said. "He's improving and he was good enough to get through one of our periods today. We'll take him each day, and if he's able to move around in the pocket and be effective under center, then he'll have a chance to play."

Young was active Sunday in a 37-19 victory over Philadelphia, but did play. He was the No. 2 quarterback behind Kerry Collins, who threw for 276 yards and three touchdowns.

"It's between myself and coaches and trainers to make that decision," Young said. "It depends on how I am feeling. I just go off my instincts and how I feel with the trainers as well as the coaches and what's best with the team.

"I am not a selfish player. I want to be in full shape for my teammates so I decided not to jeopardize anything and take it easy and be safe."

Also, Jason McCourty may be returning this week for Tennessee.

McCourty, who started the season at starting at cornerback opposite Cortland Finnegan, has missed the last four games after undergoing forearm surgery, but Fisher said the second-year veteran may play Sunday.

"There is a chance we work him this week,''John Glennon of The Tennessean quoted Fisher as saying.

Rookie Alterraun Verner has been impressive in place of McCourty, and Glennon reported he likely will start against San Diego. Glennon also reported that McCourty likely would play in "situational packages and on special teams" Sunday.

"I talked to (defensive coordinator Chuck) Cecil and he told be to be prepared, there's a good chance I'll be up this week and have a chance to play,'' McCourty said. "I am just preparing like I am going to play, although I don't know the exact role yet.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/27/titans-injury-update-for-week-8-jason-mccourty-vince-young-may/

Jack Roush Ross Greenburg Robert Kraft John Henry John Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment