Monday, January 17, 2011

Rex Ryan Says This Time It's NOT Personal

Filed under: , , , , ,

Can Rex Ryan and the Jets win this week without stirring the pot?FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The Jets may have a problem. After two straight playoff weeks in which their coach made sure everybody knew it was personal -- first between him and Peyton Manning, then between him and Bill Belichick -- it was a decidedly more mellow Rex Ryan who took the podium here Monday to discuss the upcoming AFC championship game against the Steelers. Asked directly how he intended to make Week 3 of his team's playoff road odyssey personal, Ryan began with a joke (as usual) and then turned soupy.

"Well, give me somebody you want me to call out and I'll do it. Hines Ward? Casey Hampton? I guess those would be the two early targets," Ryan said. "But it's just a different feel. Last week, I just felt Bill Belichick had dominated me the last time we played, and I knew that wasn't going to happen again. But Mike Tomlin, he's one of my favorite coaches."

Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/17/rex-ryan-says-this-time-its-not-personal/

Lesa France-Kennedy David Berson Donna Orender Roger Goodell Tiger Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment