Saturday, November 20, 2010

Larry Rothschild Named Yankees' New Pitching Coach, Leaving Cubs

Filed under: ,

The Yankees have hired Larry Rothschild as their new pitching coach, signing him to a three-year deal.

Rothschild, 56, has a long track record in that job around the majors, most recently serving on the Cubs' staff from 2002 through the end of this season.

"I'd like to thank Jim Hendry, the Ricketts family, Crane Kenney and the entire Cubs organization for their outstanding support and allowing me to pursue this opportunity with the Yankees," Rothschild said in a statement. "My reasons for pursuing and accepting this opportunity are personal and family-based, as the Yankees hold spring training in, and travel several times a year to, my hometown of Tampa. The chance to spend increased time with my family was something I wanted to explore and I am grateful for the opportunity to have done so."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/11/19/larry-rothschild-named-yankees-new-pitching-coach-leaving-cubs/

Mark Parker David Levy Barry Bonds Daniel Snyder Derek Jeter

No comments:

Post a Comment