Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ozzie Guillen Wants to Know 'What's in the (White Sox) Plan'

Filed under:

Ozzie GuillenThe White Sox' fade out of playoff contention over the last month has turned 2010 into an ugly season on the South Side, and it could get uglier in the coming weeks as manager Ozzie Guillen presses for a firm declaration on where he stands with the club.

Guillen is under contract for 2011, and the Sox have a team option on him for 2012. He has had discussions with the team about his future, though he insists he hasn't asked for an extension, just a sign that the team wants him around long-term.

Based on the frustration that seems to be growing on Guillen's end that may not be forthcoming anytime soon.

"It's a funny thing because I never asked for an extension," Guillen told reporters Friday. "You guys asked me if I want one. Well, everyone does. Everybody. Even you, you ... everybody. The funny thing about it is people sound as if I asked for an extension. I never did. Because I have one. I have a contract. My thing is, every year, every manager, every player, they want to know what's my stance. That's it. That's what I want to know. Maybe it's a good one. Maybe it's a bad one. But I like to know.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Myles Brand David Beckham Jacques Rogge LeBron James

No comments:

Post a Comment